Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am unsure if anyone has posted a thread about this yet or not but I have a 2004 base model impala with the 3.4l I am wanting to swap it out for the 3.8l with a supercharger I'm unsure if I can do a direct swap or if I need extra things I know I will need a new ecm bcm and new cluster and of course a new center console which means new seats to since I have the 60 40 bench seats I'm just curios to know what else I will need and what I'll need to do I plan on getting a front wheel drive 3.8 so I don't have to convert it to tease wheel drive even though I would live it to be it is just a bunch more work

·
Registered
429 Posts
Get the motor and trans and try to get the whole harness if possible, then you'll need to get the fuel line adapters and tune the PCM. That should be it, no need to swap the cluster or BSM or even the console. It would be a good idea to swap the fuel pump while your at it, I do believe the L67 pump is a higher flowing pump.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2004 Impala that I love but a friend totaled it. It has a 3.4 L in it and I found a 2000 Impala with a blown engine. Can I take the 3.8 L out and put my 3.4 L in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts