Impala Forums banner

Enable true TapUp/TapDown on the 2012+ 8th gens with HPTuners

7K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  F16vipers 
I've been trying to get this to work without success...I enabled tutd and zeroed the tables like the camaro guy did...its like it just stays in drive...no paddle shift response? Going to play around with it more later this week when I'm off work.

According to my display I have PRNDL...when I enable TUTD it won't allow the car to go into 'L' which is the range when the paddles are active. I've tried it with the tap to enable both on and off...I'm thinking our cars might actually be missing the actual programming for true TUTD.

Both the Camaro and Impala are very similar electronically. Even though they both use the T43 controller...they could be running different software/firmware. I know in the older GM cars the ECM box was pretty much universal...but there was a chip inside that looked like a RAM stick that was the actually 'program' for each model or models of car. I wonder what the variations on the T43 programming is between models? Has anyone ever taken one of these modules apart to see what's inside? This can probably only be answered by a GM tech...I would volunteer...but I don't feel motivated to disassemble my tranny enough to get the TCM out!

I wonder if a dealer could do an 'update'? If it's strictly software they should be able to...not sure if true TUTD requires any different hardware on the transmission's part? JT, do you ever deal with the dealership and have someone you could call and ask? I have never been to/ dealt with them other than when I bought the car. This might be worth looking into if a simple software update would do the trick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.