Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday noticed a check engine light for the first time ever on my '12 Impala. Went to my local shop today and plugged in the ODBII, and its like that ODB woke up a long time issue in my car.

Basically for the past two years on cold starts my catalytic has been rumbling and rattling and its been pretty noticeable. And the past year I noticed a definite decrease in power especially on acceleration.

From what I have been reading this sounds and def feels like a clogged cat. The ODB showed 14 engine codes with the first one being p0036 and the next few all related to the emissions system and the sensors located near the cat and pre cat. Once the ODB was plugged into the car and then removed the car started stuttering and idling reallly rough. I need some feedback or confirmation that this might be a cat system problem, because if it is the 8 year 80,000 emissions warranty may be able to cover the repair at chevy? Any experiences with this? Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Getting her towed to chevy service tomorrow because I'd rather not start or drive her with the extreme rattling and rough idling I experienced yesterday. Hopefully it is the cat that way my emissions warranty will cover the repair.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts