Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 Impala SS has decided to start giving me electrical issues. Currently My trunk release will not release electricly. I have replaces the fuse (not blown) Relay, and trunk release mechanism with solinoid. All I get is a click from the relay but the trunk does not release. Can anyone offer any ideas?:beer:

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Did you confirm you're getting power to the solenoid? Might be a break in the wire somewhere, or a melted connector.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not getting power, does anyone have a schematic that showes how the power is run? I'm thinking it may be a problem in the Body control Module

·
Registered
28 Posts
My 2008 impala also will not release the trunk unless i hit the top of it (which has cause a dent to form in the top). My door locks all don't work, the check engine light and airbag light is on, and it diesels (keeps running for a few seconds) after i turn it off and take the key out. I think its all related to the body control module because this controls the voltage that goes to every electrical component in the car. I've tried all the fuses, relays, and checked most of the wiring so im pretty sure that is the problem, but i also dont want to shell out 1,000 $ to fix something that is not even the problem.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I can understand your frustration, Cimpala, and I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing these concerns! Are you thinking about going to a dealer for a thorough diagnosis? If you prefer the DIY approach, however, I can appreciate that and am sure forum members will be chiming in soon with their feedback! (If you don't hear back from the community soon, then perhaps starting a new thread about your concern may help.)

I'm available via private message anytime, so please let me know if you'd like further assistance at any point.

Best,

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think I am going to do most of the work myself. I have heard multiple stories where the dealers were wrong in their diagnosis of a vehicle's problem. I have had multiple people tell me it is the BCM now, so the only thing I could do is test the actuators and make sure they aren't the problem, and test all the harnesses. If they all come back with no problems, we have a BCM issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts