Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 Caprice with the 4.3 L99 V8. I seem to have a problem with the electric fans. Whenever they do come on, the Check Engine Light comes on as well. But, recently I had the car start to overheat, and the E-Fans didn't come on. What could be wrong? Any suggestions to fix the problem.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Sounds like the sending unit in the water pump is bad. Replace it. The gauge on the dash uses the one on the passengers side head. The PCM/fans are controlled by the one in the water pump. If it goes into limp mode, and fails to get a reading from that sensor, it will kick the fans on, and the CEL.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like the sending unit in the water pump is bad. Replace it. The gauge on the dash uses the one on the passengers side head. The PCM/fans are controlled by the one in the water pump. If it goes into limp mode, and fails to get a reading from that sensor, it will kick the fans on, and the CEL.
Thank you so much! Replacing that sensor did the trick! Much easier than having a mechanic charge 100 dollars/hour to diagnose and fix the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts