Impala Forums banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Banned
748 Posts

·
The F*** Killer
1,592 Posts
Nice, finally I get to see some pics of your car with all the new wheels on. Thanks to your car I decided to go with gunmetal/polished wheels.

You said in another post that your car is lowered (or was lowered) on stock struts, did you just swap the springs or did you swap/added something else? (Like for example swapped struts mount, camber bolt, etc?)

·
The F*** Killer
1,592 Posts
I'm running CM lowering springs
Wbodystore anti Pogo washers
Wbodystore shortened dog bones (1 inch shorter)

Everything else is stock just lowering springs on the stock strut assembly :eek:k3:
(pardon my disgraceful spelling)
LOL, oh okay thanks for the info.

(Edit: Forgot that I can use the 'Thanks button' instead of posting, LOL.)

·
Banned
748 Posts
haha no problem man

I also never had to get an alighment either.

so no camber bolts or alighment issues.
What would be the signs of these issues you talk about, can one visually inspect for them without having to raise the car ? before i get my sportier rims for summer i want to make sure mine aint got this issue.

·
Super Moderator
18,403 Posts
What would be the signs of these issues you talk about, can one visually inspect for them without having to raise the car ? before i get my sportier rims for summer i want to make sure mine aint got this issue.
I think you have to measure the thread depth for you tires...check the inside, middle, and outside threads for depth. Thats what this one guy at Town Fair Tire did for me....but they didn't carry the new tires I had just got for the fronts. He said mine were not worn evenly. But, the rears have been on the car since I got it, and I don't know how long before that...They are by no means bald yet!

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
A lot of big chain places will give you a free alignment check, but it will cost you still if you want them to actually fix it.

·
Banned
748 Posts
I don't want to get 18 inch rims and spend extra on tires only to find out my impala suffers from some GM defect.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
I don't want to get 18 inch rims and spend extra on tires only to find out my impala suffers from some GM defect.
Its better to fix the issue than to complain about it. :beer:

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
That's subjective isn't it?

·
Papa SSmirf
1,046 Posts
EJ, I'm loving the look of your car man. it really is coming out sick!!! :eek:k3::clap:

And I'm gonna consider doing that lightly black-out trick with my tail lights also, I think darkening them up a little bit will better complete the black and blue theme I'm trying for with mine. I just started my slow upgrading process for mine by getting a set of headlights.

I'm gonna have to start my thread for my upgrading history soon... Since I can finally stop spending big money on guitars and music gear, I can start putting money into the car - especially since I have something worth spending the money on.

Maybe one of these weekends, we can get together and :beer:... Hell your close enough to me... :wink:

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Hell yeah man sounds like a plan!:beer:

Also you should deffinitly start a upgrade thread or if you have one send me the link.
I love the kmc rockstars and almost bought them but didnt wanna drop the cash on them:eek:k3:

This thread is alot old the car looks alot different now

·
Papa SSmirf
1,046 Posts
I haven't started the thread yet, but I'll definitely send it your way when I do!

And send me a PM so I can give you my email and phone #, we'll make plans to meet up one of these weekends. I'm curious to see your Impala now.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
EJ, I'm loving the look of your car man. it really is coming out sick!!! :eek:k3::clap:

And I'm gonna consider doing that lightly black-out trick with my tail lights also, I think darkening them up a little bit will better complete the black and blue theme I'm trying for with mine. I just started my slow upgrading process for mine by getting a set of headlights.

I'm gonna have to start my thread for my upgrading history soon... Since I can finally stop spending big money on guitars and music gear, I can start putting money into the car - especially since I have something worth spending the money on.

Maybe one of these weekends, we can get together and :beer:... Hell your close enough to me... :wink:
Hell yeah man sounds like a plan!:beer:

Also you should deffinitly start a upgrade thread or if you have one send me the link.
I love the kmc rockstars and almost bought them but didnt wanna drop the cash on them:eek:k3:

This thread is alot old the car looks alot different now
I haven't started the thread yet, but I'll definitely send it your way when I do!

And send me a PM so I can give you my email and phone #, we'll make plans to meet up one of these weekends. I'm curious to see your Impala now.
Aww a man date... How cute, what should I wear :giggle: :Jka: :Jka: :Jka:

just f#%king with ya :biggrin:

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #56

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Hey scotty do you think if me and josh continue our man date down in wv we can get on that awesome show buckwild your on?:giggle:
Hells yeah its a date :wink:

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
41 - 60 of 71 Posts