Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 impala LTZ and my e brake was pushing all the way down to the floor. I jacked it up and took the RR wheel off and found that the connectors on the e brake line had broken and were all rusted out, as pictured. Was wondering if anyone knew where to get these or the best way to replace them. Any tips would be very helpful because I don’t know a whole lot about it.

·
Registered
644 Posts
At the dealership I know the cable to cable connectors, with the exception of the cable adjuster, comes with one of the cables. You may be able to get the connectors separately in the aftermarket? The cable adjuster does come separate though. You more than likely will have to replace the cables and the adjuster due to all the rust and I bet their hanging loose and low like that because a cable had snapped. To remove them from the connectors you will have to move the barrel end of the cable towards the opening in the center of the connector to remove. I usually have to rip 'n tear and pry the connectors apart with a couple of pliers or screw drivers due to the rust.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts