Impala Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i got a 1994 Impala SS about 3 weeks ago..never got insurance or registration because i wanted to make everything right with the car before it became my daily driver..well after 3 years of driving a weak 1993 Caprice..i wanted to feel the power just a bit..so i put the caprices license plate on the ss...drive it around a bit..just trying to show off...well a cop meets me at a stop sign..i try to wave him through, but he gets suspicious and does not want to go..he then proceeds to get behind me...so i pull into a trailer park..well my gf is behind the cop and i see them both drive on..so i exit the trailer park..as soon as i do she is calling me telling me not to leave cause he has turned around..knowing my license is suspended and thinking my baby would be towed i decide to floor it...after he eats my dust for about 2 miles...i try to evade him...black ss..with the lights off..in pitch dark..i should win easily...noooo...hes radioed his pals for help...so now another cop car turns around in mid-street to pursue (these are the newer impala cop cars by the way) after he eats my dust as well...i turn down a side road..with my lights off again thinking....stealth mode again right??? WRONG..im going about 50 mph when i hit a metal gate..not just a regular fence...but a GATE..a thick f*cking gate...all i see is the car shaking violently and then the windshield bust...i panic..call my gf..she comes and gets me and i abandon the car...leaving the license plate of course because i left the screwdriver at home so i wouldnt lose it in the car...well the cops find the car a half hour later..show up at my door..because of the plates that were taken off my car...i lie...they dont know the car belongs to me...(it hurt not taking ownership of my baby) and they leave...they think the car belongs to the person i got it from (who happens to be a cop as well...just a different dept) i try calling him frantically but get nothing...my gf and her friend convince me to call the cops and tell them the truth..which i do..which i get arrested..and got bailed out a few short hours later..coming home to realize my true love is sitting at an impound...crying for my tender love and care...which the cops have a hold on..so i cant even get it out...:frown:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
damn homie i feel you on tha no license part i hope i never loose my license but at least u fealt the power running from the wimpala were u impressed at least????
and im sry your blackout mode didnt work thats when u need a switch for the headlights to stay on but cut the tail lights so they cant see u breaking and where ur going from behind:biggrin::eek:

·
Banned
351 Posts
That sounds like a really tough situation to be dealing with.. but trust me, everyone does stupid s### in their lifetime, especially on the road.

Try not to get too upset over it, because as long as your a good guy with your s### taken care of, everything will end up fine. You did the right thing by admitting the truth... makes you look better come time for your case. They would have figured out the truth anyways. You werent really hurting anybody, so hopefully theyll take it easy on you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea both police officers said that since i have no priors..that i should be getting away with a fine..probably a pretty big one..but ill take it...but i didnt realize they had almost the whole force looking for me..i overheard some cops talking about that..and on my way to jail..i asked the first officer i ran from if he tried to chase me and he said yea..and then when i asked him why he didnt turn his red and blues on then..he said its cause he couldnt get close enough to turn em on..haha...made me feel good for about 2.3 seconds

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
damn homie i feel you on tha no license part i hope i never loose my license but at least u fealt the power running from the wimpala were u impressed at least????
and im sry your blackout mode didnt work thats when u need a switch for the headlights to stay on but cut the tail lights so they cant see u breaking and where ur going from behind:biggrin::eek:

POPIMPIN, life is not as easy as you make it seem. Running is something that just makes things worse. Getting away takes alot more than being faster......buying a car from a police officer and then leaving it after a chase and leaving that officer to hang with his old car, that creates one very mad,very capable enemy.

We try and not draw too much negative attention with our cars because after a while, they will have plenty of good reason to mess with you if your doing car club events such as caravans just because they see the drivers as troublemakers.

Sorry about the car but you can always buy another, you cant buy another life if you would have died in a crash running from the cops.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
POPIMPIN, life is not as easy as you make it seem. Running is something that just makes things worse. Getting away takes alot more than being faster......buying a car from a police officer and then leaving it after a chase and leaving that officer to hang with his old car, that creates one very mad,very capable enemy.

We try and not draw too much negative attention with our cars because after a while, they will have plenty of good reason to mess with you if your doing car club events such as caravans just because they see the drivers as troublemakers.

Sorry about the car but you can always buy another, you cant buy another life if you would have died in a crash running from the cops.
well the cars not totaled...just some TLC...a lot of patient..and i should be fine in a few months...i just dont wanna take too long and they auction my car off...but i talked to my friend and explained the whole situation..hes not mad at all...he actually thought it was pretty funny

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha see everything has its good side... Do you think they will let you get the car back eventually?
i would hope so...i called the towing place and they said they had a hold on it cause it was abandoned..so im gonna register and insure it and then get it

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
i wasnt saying running is a good thing i never said run did i , i merley stated a solution for his no lights problem , i dont want to c anyone ( or an impala ) get hurt in a high speed chase just like no one else does , but just giving him ideas for when the country goes to shit and u have to start robbing banks and run because of obamas dumb A**

o yeah just driving a caprice or impala in nearly every state is gna give u a bad rap unless your a whole lot whiter than i am and the cops are YOUR buddies cus they sure the hell arent mine ......:eek::cool::biggrin:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
i would hope so...i called the towing place and they said they had a hold on it cause it was abandoned..so im gonna register and insure it and then get it
nice so your g/f gets to be a proud registered owner of a impala for a day while u get your insurance at least i know i had to give them proof to get it out damn pigs:cool:

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
so wait, let me get this straight
  • you buy an car from a cop
  • you were DWLS
  • car isnt reg/ins - yet you choose to drive it anyway
are you a f-ing moron?
instead of taking a DWLS ticket and having your G/F drive the car home you run LIKE A MORON, ditch the car w/ plates attached, get arrested for fleeing and alluding + a number of other things they can attach to your arrest before the court date...

Pull your head out of your @ss!

As for out running Wimpalas, its not that hard to do, they drag out about 140 in civi outfit, w/ the added gear for a typical 9c1 its more like 130... BIG FRIGGIN DEAL, as far as i'm concerned you didnt out run Sh!t b/c you hit a fence (like a tool-endangering god knows how many ppl) and got arrested anyway.

I really hope they dont let you get your license back ever... what'd you do to get your lic suspended in the first place?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
so wait, let me get this straight
  • you buy an car from a cop
  • you were DWLS
  • car isnt reg/ins - yet you choose to drive it anyway
are you a f-ing moron?
instead of taking a DWLS ticket and having your G/F drive the car home you run LIKE A MORON, ditch the car w/ plates attached, get arrested for fleeing and alluding + a number of other things they can attach to your arrest before the court date...

Pull your head out of your @ss!

As for out running Wimpalas, its not that hard to do, they drag out about 140 in civi outfit, w/ the added gear for a typical 9c1 its more like 130... BIG FRIGGIN DEAL, as far as i'm concerned you didnt out run Sh!t b/c you hit a fence (like a tool-endangering god knows how many ppl) and got arrested anyway.

I really hope they dont let you get your license back ever... what'd you do to get your lic suspended in the first place?
actually they cant get me for alluding or fleeing because he didnt have his lights on...so the charges i got (which are no insurance and dwls) are the ones i will pay for...o and also hit and run..for the gate

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
wow then that might be the greatest thing ive heard all week ( but it was his own fault for not putting them on wierd ):eek::biggrin: ITS A NICE!!!!!!!!!:eek::biggrin:

·
Banned
351 Posts
Like I said, everyone does stupid s*** on the road... Bruce Springstein over here (aka thaboss) obviously did something REALLY stupid, but he knows that. Im not one to usually play the sympathy card, but run ins with the cops are never fun. Everytime you think about the trouble you may be in, you feel your life falling apart.

The important thing to take away is that you should never run from the police, because as long as your not driving hookers around or selling rocks, the truth wont get you in anymore trouble than you already are in.
And im sure bossman wont make the same mistake again (if he ever gets his license back).

But yeah, im curious as to why you had a suspended license in the first place... I know its not my business but I hope it wont affect your ability to get out of this with just a fine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Like I said, everyone does stupid s*** on the road... Bruce Springstein over here (aka thaboss) obviously did something REALLY stupid, but he knows that. Im not one to usually play the sympathy card, but run ins with the cops are never fun. Everytime you think about the trouble you may be in, you feel your life falling apart.

The important thing to take away is that you should never run from the police, because as long as your not driving hookers around or selling rocks, the truth wont get you in anymore trouble than you already are in.
And im sure bossman wont make the same mistake again (if he ever gets his license back).

But yeah, im curious as to why you had a suspended license in the first place... I know its not my business but I hope it wont affect your ability to get out of this with just a fine.
my license was suspended before because of a ticket i didnt pay...nothin major

·
Registered
38 Posts
my license was suspended before because of a ticket i didnt pay...nothin major

i've been down that road but its all good , isnt it funny how 1 ticket like for speeding they wil yank your lic, but some a-hole will dui 8 times and still not have their lic yanked instead they will have a blow and go installed in your car , makes alot of sense :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
yea in the county i live in mofos are still drivin around w 7 d.u.i.s

1 - 19 of 19 Posts