Impala Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know that much about cars, but I know a little bit. I have a 1984 chevy caprice 2 door coupe with a 5.0 305 v8. I want to restore it and make it into a donk car and my first step is the exaust system. My question is How can I make that 305 sound mean and loud Until I get money for new engine? Theres a stock exaust on the car now so telll me what brand and size pipes i need for my classic thank you all
any cheap performance upgrades that you might know please let me know

·
Registered
11 Posts
go to you local muffler shop and have then set you up w/ a single in dual out ...i got a magna flo some years back in my 86' caprice and for me to only have a 4.3 v6 it sounded like a had something more....until you find the engine you really want, this may be a option for you.......i trying to find a 327 engine myself

·
Registered
11 Posts
go to you local muffler shop and have then set you up w/ a single in dual out ...i got a magna flo some years back in my 86' caprice and for me to only have a 4.3 v6 it sounded like a had something more....until you find the engine you really want, this may be a option for you.......i trying to find a 327 engine myself
also i think at the time i ran 2.5 or 3 " pipe

·
Registered
29 Posts
305 offers only a slightly lower output than a 350 with less damage to the drivetrain too.

If you keep it, the timing chain and valve stem seals are primary concerns.

I'm passing over 300000 miles and passing a bunch of other cars, just with the low cost upgrades you can get for your own 5.0 small block.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.