Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the high beam out light keeps popping on the dash, I know the high beams work because I visually made sure of it. Also my drl dont work during the day, except my headlights turn on instead...seems like a default mode or something. Is there a way to bypass tge DRLs altogether so the constant on and off from the headlights dont kill my HIDs? From my reading it seems you cant just pull the fuse like I did in the GS I had before.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
There should be a fuse in the underhood fuse box named "DRL". Remove this and all should be well.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried that before, did the same thing. Replaced the fuse and still the same. I can here a relay click and the regular lights turn on, even in middle of the day. I need to bypass this or figure out what really going on, I dont want this to kill my HIDs prematurely.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No no, the DRL dont turn on at all. When I turn the car on, nothing happend for a second or two then the regular lights turn on. Thats when the High beam out message pops on. I'd rather have the DRL working then my HIDs turning on and off all the time.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
That's what I am trying to say. I would check the wiring on the backside of the fusebox. Also check headlight connectors, clean them, and apply dielectrical grease. Also wouldn't hurt to clean or replace headlight ground. Or do the bypass as stated on the site I posted.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts