Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already had the driver's door inner panel replaced due to bubbling of the vinyl on the armrest, and now the new panel is doing the same thing about a year and half later. I am still getting it replaced under warranty, but why is this only happening to driver's door panel and not to others. The bubbles form right at the bend from horizontal to vertical on the armrest. Anyone else has this problem?

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
need picture
x2. And need to know what kind of work you do since it is only your door that has issues, do you have any exposure to chemicals at work, etc? Do you glow at night?

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Exactly what I was wondering, maybe even just a weird lotion?

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Z71, I just wanted to hop on this thread to let you know I'm available if you would like me to follow up wit your dealer for you at any point. Please PM me anytime for further assistance!

Best,

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
x2. And need to know what kind of work you do since it is only your door that has issues, do you have any exposure to chemicals at work, etc? Do you glow at night?
The original door panel had that defect when I bought the car. I have office setting job, no chemicals on my arm, and it is happening in the area where my arm does not touch anything.

This is due to poor manufacturing. Vinyl is simply coming loose from the underlying material.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Never onceheard of this before in all my years of being here and other Impala forums. Post a pic..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts