Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have drivers seat belt that will not lock?

I found out the hardway.. had to brake hard when a car made a turn in front of me. Leather seats being as slidey as they are I slid straight ahead and hit the steering wheel. Left a sore red mark that seems to be going away, but now im seriously worried that in an accident its just as good as not wearing one.

I checked the passenger side, and it locks fine. I pulled the seat belt out a bit, then let it retract an inch or so, then pulled sharply to similate body moving forward- it locked. I do the same thing on the drivers side, and it just slops around.

Bracing myself a bit I then tried to brake hard in an open area thinking there might be something electrical tying it to the brakes, but same thing, just slid forward.

Thinking about going into dealer to have a look but it seems like GM is the only one left that doesnt cover seatbelts beyond 3/36k and im past that now :(.

I see a couple complaints on nhsta.gov for seat belts failing to lock, but not enough to really argue that its common (i think there were 3 accidents reported with 3 or 4 injuries.) for the 2007 model.

·
Banned
351 Posts
My seatbelts lock (rather annoyingly) every time i tap the brake... if this is not the case for you it will definitley be covered under warranty. For something like that, dealerships will not turn you away because that is a huge liability on their part.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts