Impala Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all how you doing? I have a Chevrolet Impala LS 2014 2.5 l. So I noticed that a while ago my seat made a cracking noise in the driver seat. All other functions work properly, however I feel a dip in the left side of the seat where I lay my back. As an Uber driver that is causing a tremendous amount of discomfort driving over 8 hours daily. I have also been having a real difficult time finding a replacement seat all together, so I'm hoping that maybe there's a way I can fix the frame of the seat.

Anybody have any suggestions I would really appreciate it as I believe health is wealth and I don't want to keep f** up my back driving in this condition considering I'm under the age of 35.

·
Registered
300 Posts
You're likely going to need having your Seat Frame welded.
There's Welder's who come to you with everything needed to weld just about anything these days.
Welding is the new thing.
In fact, ... the welding is going to be the easiest part of getting your Uber-mobile ergonomically satisfactory to prevent future back troubles.
Before any welding's going to happen; you'll need to:
Remove Seat and Remove Upholstery.
Seat? No problem.
Upholstery's going to be a muddy-frogger!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Have you checked with a local salvage yard for the availability of a used seat? I have no idea what the price of one would be, but they can locate one, and get it shipped to them in a few days.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I phoned two of New Englands busiest yards.
No gots.
Some trend in insurers doing what they can to fix more; total-out less stated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts