Impala Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
No, I do not race my car. I use to race some when I was younger, then as I got older I realized all I was doing was having to put more money into my car than I really needed to. Unless you install a racing engine and parts all I found I was doing to my car was causing me to put more parts in then I normally need if I was not racing.

·
Registered
140 Posts
You bet! I beat the living $hit outta mine!

·
Registered
63 Posts
^^^^^ Yep yep what he said :headbang:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
i would but it would take so long everyone could leave and grab a burger and drink, lol
now thats some funny shit

well i just got my 95 and plan to record some track times this summer
( hopefully around 100 mph 14 sec or so )
never got to race my 91 so lol:biggrin:

·
Registered
13 Posts
im turning my 4dr 78 imp into a race car dont have any #'s yet but im shooting for 10.5 to really really high 9's ill see what happens when i git it all toghter

·
Super Moderator
3,941 Posts
No never raced it.

[ame=http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e179/95SStorm/?action=view&current=DJOct0811985at11336.flv]
[/ame]

For those that don't know me, it is multi color because I drive the hell out of it and have made a habit out of hitting deer.:redface:

·
Registered
53 Posts
would like to get some times on my 06 SS, anyone know of a strip in or around northern Indiana?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not yet, but I've taken just about everything I own down the track a time or two. Just to see what they've got. I've got my '72 Comet for racing, although I would like to see the Caprice at least dip into the 9s (1/8 mile). We'll see as time/ finances march on...

·
Registered
277 Posts
I used to race my cars all the time... but I haven't owned one in a few years, and the new project isn't running yet.

My last 79 Impala Aerocoupe was named the "5.0 Liter Eater" (the one in my avatar) and it regularly snacked on Mustangs, Capri's, Camaros and Corvettes.... mostly pre-94 Corvettes.

I ran a small block Chevy 400, 882 casting heads self-ported, sealed-power cam, modified Torker intake, 780 Quadrajet with race prep backed by a brainless turbo-400 and a 4.56 posi 8.5 10 bolt. For a low buck build, that car was damn fun and a sleeper... even though I didn't really intend it to be a sleeper. I raced at the track a few times with that car as well.

My current project will be street driven, and raced at the track... but likely won't be on the road for at least 8-15 months... and its being built from the ground up with much more serious intent.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts