Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure what it is called - but I'm talking about the black trim(?) that is between the windows (see pic attached). Mine is starting to fade at the top and look like crap. It almost seems as if the gloss coating is starting to wear away.

Does anyone else have this problem? The dealer wants nothing to do with it because the 3/36 warranty is up and apparently it is not covered under GM's Major Guard warranty.

Attachments

·
Banned
351 Posts
These are window pillars... This could just be sun damage, or it could be the result of using harsh cleaners on it... I usually keep a thin coat of wax on my pillars to prevent sun damage, but this is not an uncommon occurence on glossed plastics.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Window Pillars (DUH).

I have always waxed the pillars along with the rest of the car and have never used any abrasive cleaners. I guess it is sun damage but it looks like crap.

Has anyone with the same problem fixed it? I can't really think of a way besides paint to fix this. It almost seems like a clearcoat giving the gloss appearance.

·
Banned
351 Posts
Yeah its a clearcoat (or something similar) that gives them the gloss... You can get replacement pillars, i dont know how much they cost but theyre easy to find... I think there are some chrome ones on ebay... if you want to go chrome...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts