Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
DallaSS 214
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've Been Having Problems With My Doors Not Locking/Unlocking Properly.
At 1st I Thought It Was The Motor Going Out But I've Noticed That When It's Cool Outside It Locks/Unlocks Properly. Once It Gets 60 Degrees And Up, That's When It Starts Acting Up, It Does The Same Thing W ether I Use The Remote Or Press The Button From The Inside.

from what ive seen when doing some research is this is quite a common problem with these cars.

Any Tips On What I Should Try 1st? I Heard Replacing Them Costs Alot, If That's The Case Then Using The Key It Is :lol:

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
You can replace them yourself, but the part is still $150-200 per door. Manual locking/unlocking will still work fine.

·
MYAAAAAAAHHH
63 Posts
I've had the same problem with my rear doors but it only happens when my imp sits for awhile while I'm doing some good ol' army camping. It seems to fix itself for me luckily. I've decided that if they do go out eventually I'm just gonna have to win the lottery to get them fixed or waste a tax return and that's only if all 4 go out. Lol

·
Registered
70 Posts
The front doors aren't bad if the power locks don't work. The rears are a problem, the button is so far back, you can't reach it from the front seat. I replaced one back on in my car myself and the part was $200.

·
DallaSS 214
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its ridiculous, they expect us to shell out 500+ for us to be able to unlock our doors -____-

i know its as easy as unlocking it with the key but sometimes you need to reach for something on the passenger side or rear and makes it very difficult

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am having this issue now. and I want to put an aftermarker alarm but it will suck seeing my damn door locks dont want to work? You cant repair the ones that are already in there?

·
Registered
70 Posts
You could probably repair the ones in the car if you are some kind of electrical genius. They don't look like they are designed to be taken apart and fixed.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
They aren't, I think its the servo motor inside them that goes bad anyway.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My friend works at a Chevy dealer and he said that the same supplier makes Nissan and GM lock actuators and they all crap out constantly. His theory is that 2006-2009 were the 'bankruptcy' years and GM cheaped-out tremendously when sourcing components.

·
DallaSS 214
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My friend works at a Chevy dealer and he said that the same supplier makes Nissan and GM lock actuators and they all crap out constantly. His theory is that 2006-2009 were the 'bankruptcy' years and GM cheaped-out tremendously when sourcing components.
he ain't lying smh

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I've Been Having Problems With My Doors Not Locking/Unlocking Properly.
At 1st I Thought It Was The Motor Going Out But I've Noticed That When It's Cool Outside It Locks/Unlocks Properly. Once It Gets 60 Degrees And Up, That's When It Starts Acting Up, It Does The Same Thing W ether I Use The Remote Or Press The Button From The Inside.

from what ive seen when doing some research is this is quite a common problem with these cars.

Any Tips On What I Should Try 1st? I Heard Replacing Them Costs Alot, If That's The Case Then Using The Key It Is :lol:
We have the same problem with our 2008 Impala. Have you found any solutions? It should be a recall on them. I think it is a common problem also. And the door lock is way back,so you can't even reach them from the front door. We have been rolling the window down in the back to get at them. Very irritating!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I went to the local pick n pull yard and grabbed some actuators for 25 each. One year later and they are still working fine.

·
DallaSS 214
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We have the same problem with our 2008 Impala. Have you found any solutions? It should be a recall on them. I think it is a common problem also. And the door lock is way back,so you can't even reach them from the front door. We have been rolling the window down in the back to get at them. Very irritating!
I ended up going to an alarm and sound shop, 100$ got all 4 actuators working again

·
Registered
3 Posts
My actuator will not unlock and the door is closed, neither the inside or outside levers will open the door. I can hear the actuator, but it does not move the lock button and even if you try to move it manually it will not release the lock actuator, it is obviously stuck in side. How do you get the door open in order to replace the defective one with a new one.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
That's going to be difficult. I don't think you have access to the screw behind the reflector. Maybe try unhooking the battery, draining the system, then hooking it up again to reset it. Have you tried unlocking it with the key from outside?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 30 Posts