Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone,

I just noticed some very nice OEM "door edge guards" that are color keyed in the colorof my paint. Are these available from the Chevy dealership and how much are they??? I need some for my doors. :)

Durango

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where did you see this?
wedebrook,

I saw them in this website! Just look above at the black version you can see the door guards. On a smaller section there was a bunch of photos that had a white version just like mine that had some what appeared to be original OEM's color keyed.

Durango

·
Registered
657 Posts
are you referring to the ones that run horizontally along the side of the car? i thought you meant something that went along the edge of the door vertically....:confused:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
are you referring to the ones that run horizontally along the side of the car? i thought you meant something that went along the edge of the door vertically....:confused:
wedebrook,

Yes that's them in the flesh. My new toy is bare on the sides so I want to protect them but at those prices I'll have to rethink my needs. Besides that they have to be painted by a body shop and the dealership can install them.

I wonder if anyone can steer me towards a simular looking protectors????

Durango

·
Registered
657 Posts
basically your two only options here are going to be:

1. buy them new from GM
2. Find them used at a junkyard or from someone else with an impala that doesnt want them.

i dont see much of an aftermarket for something like this.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
basically your two only options here are going to be:

1. buy them new from GM
2. Find them used at a junkyard or from someone else with an impala that doesnt want them.

i dont see much of an aftermarket for something like this.

wedbrook,

I called the dealership for pricing and you can't believe how much those things cost!!!! Besides that they come primed in black and have to be painted by a shop and installed. Were looking towards close to 800 bucks just for the side molding itself and that doesn't even cover the painting. I'm just gonna have to live with what I've got for now unless the delaership is willing to pay for half.

Thanks,

Durango

·
Registered
657 Posts
why live with what you have? go to a junkyard and rip some off of wrecked car. they are just on there with 3M tape if im not mistaken.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
why live with what you have? go to a junkyard and rip some off of wrecked car. they are just on there with 3M tape if im not mistaken.

wedebrook,

I have time to think about it so for now I can live without it.

Thanks for your help/opinion.

Durango

1 - 9 of 9 Posts