Impala Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 impala and the dome light wont go off while your driving it. It will then stay on for like 10-15 minutes after its parked. I pulled out the light so thats not a bother anymore. Any ideas on whats the problem? Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
This happened in my 2001 LS. The dome light came on when I got in then never turned off after starting the car or even stopping then letting it sit.

I disconnected the ground connector on the battery then reconnected it and it cleared it. Haven't had the problem since.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I see the last post here is from 2011 so I hope someone might read this post....yes my dome light stays on and I noticed people stating they disconnected battery and that may stop it altogether or temporarily. Yes ground can be an issue but also for the light to auto shut off it would take some form of a relay and by disconnecting battery can reset the relay but it will probably get worse in time.
So here is my question where would I find that relay on a 2016 Impala Limited.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.