Impala Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2002 Chevrolet Impala V6 3.4 liter & the drivers side door is leaking rain. The black rubber seal that runs along the top of the door(the seal you can only see when opening the door) is torn & leaking in rain. I have looked high & low online with zero luck for days. I am attaching photos so that hopefully someone can help me identify this part. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Luggage and bags Bicycle tire

Luggage and bags Automotive design Bag Bicycle part Automotive exterior

·
Super Moderator
296 Posts
Another name is the top door seal and as C5 Coupe mentioned is a separate piece. Mine has rotted away as well and it's available thru auto body wholesale outfits like eagle auto bodyparts for an exorbitant price.

·
Registered
2009 Impala SS
1,621 Posts
It is called a belt-line molding. It is separate from the rubber molding that attached to the top, inside of the door panel.
I thought belt molding is the outside window sweep and trim all rolled into one.

That's the actual door gasket. GM would probably sell it to you for both kidneys and your firstborn.
You may be able to liberate one from a wrecked Impala in the Pick N Pull. I've picked up belt moldings and other trim like that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately we have very limited junk yards here & I still have had no luck finding this online(including eBay) using the part names you guys suggested. If anyone can find it online please post a link. Thanks anyway for your suggestions. I guess if worse comes to worse I can glue it back together, lol. Chevrolet parts are always difficult to find & usually when you do they are quite pricey.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Unfortunately we have very limited junk yards here & I still have had no luck finding this online(including eBay) using the part names you guys suggested. If anyone can find it online please post a link. Thanks anyway for your suggestions. I guess if worse comes to worse I can glue it back together, lol. Chevrolet parts are always difficult to find & usually when you do they are quite pricey.

You can try GMPartsGiant.com - and it allows you to enter your VIN, so the parts will be specific to your car. Once enterered, look under “body moldings” - you will have to make several sub selections to find the parts.

Or - you can go to a GM dealer part’s Department with your VIN to determine availability and cost of the parts.

·
Registered
2009 Impala SS
1,621 Posts
Took less time to find this than to write it up...

I go to GM Parts Direct to look this kinda stuff up. GM Parts Direct: Your direct source for Genuine GM Parts | GMPartsDirect.com
They're a GM dealership with a web frontend for the parts dept. There are a bunch of them out there. Likely your local Chebby dealer has an online parts dept.

Tell em you're looking for parts on a 2002 Chevrolet Impala
Subsections you want are;
Body
Door and components

Left Front Door Weatherstrip GM 10419497 MSRP $130.79 Yankee Bucks.

Looks like it's not obsolete yet. Several dealerships are selling this on eBay or you can just go to your local Chebby dealer and ask them.

·
Registered
2009 Impala SS
1,621 Posts
I’m 99.9% sure I found the part but it isn’t cheap. Lowest I’ve found is $97 plus shipping or $154 free shipping. Part # 10321689.
That looks like the felt upper window gasket. It's in the same illustration as the interior window sweep and the belt molding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts