Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holden Special Vehicles makes this awesome car. HSV Maloo, 425 hp LS3, only sold in Australia. Why the hell didn't they sell this in the U.S. as the El Camino SS??? It's basically a Pontiac G8 with a truck bed. Whoever made the decision to NOT sell this in the U.S. should be fired. Also, the person responsible for killing Pontiac... :dunno:

Attachments

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
I would buy one

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
Yeah, the El Camino needs to be brought back to life. Maybe with the launch of the new SS this week, they will offer an El Camino. I would totally buy one in a few years.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I saw that thing on top gear a couple years ago, handles like a car, but the bed is still useable. Perfect for the US market, but GM is run by idiots.

·
The F*** Killer
1,592 Posts
I want it!

·
Banned
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was reading about the upcoming Chevy SS debut, basically the Holden Commodore with Chevy badging, RWD... and I'm assuming an LS3 as an option?!?!?!? Anyways, they also mentioned that a wagon and the "ute" version (which is the Maloo) would be coming later in the year.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
That car would do GM alot of good. Now, if they would offer it as a wagon, with a rear seat, keep the 2dr and bring the Nomad name plate back they would have another seller...IMHO. GM needs to come out with a slam dunk 'different' car. Ford & Dodge really have done a good job doing the 'little bit of old with alot of new' design's.

·
Banned
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^^^ Totally agree.

I'm going to say a prayer, cross my fingers, sacrifice a lamb AND not shave or change my underwear til GM makes it happen!

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
They also have the Chevy caprices here too aka a 6.0l v8 rwd impala.

Everyone talks and says they would buy it but when it comes time we will see who is dropping 40k on a brand new car. I'll bet 99% of this forum won't be buying a Chevy ss, elcamino,or wagon.

·
Banned
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm sure there's people here that have no problem spending 40k on a brand new car just not on a brand new "GM" car. What we wish GM would build and sell is miles away from what they will actually produce.

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Chevy made a pathetic attempt with the fugly chevy ssr

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
for a new el camino I think gm would have been best suited using the gto platform.

but the post by 77Impala looks perdy good if ya ask me

1 - 20 of 44 Posts