Impala Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You just need the correct wiring harnesses. You should be able to get them from any good car audio shop...possibly from somewhere like Best Buy/Circuitcity

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
You can get the harness also from Walmart. You attach the harness to the Alpine radio and plug it into the cars wiring harness. The instructions for the wiring will be in the harness package. It should be less than 15 dollars. Also don't forget the bracket to install the package into the dash for I don't think the radio will just slip in the same slot. The Bracket can also be purchased at Walmart or Bestbuy.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I honestly thought ordinary harnesses wouldn't work. plus the fact that 3 bestbuys and 3 different circuit cities from 2 different states didnt have the one i needed. they tried selling me the gm 88 and up which wouldn't fit. The only one i was able to find was a 100 dollar one from an audio shop that keeps the door chimes .... just dont know how to mount the chime speaker thing

·
Registered
92 Posts
hey just to let you know i have a 2000 impala and i upgraded my radio to a touch screen , the problem is that my change oil light comes on and the only way to reset it is with the factory radio , there is a special harness but for now ill deal with it (at least the change oil light goes away)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Alot of places will do a relocation of the factory head unit to the trunk or glove box so you can retain the reset functions of the original equipment. I dont know what all goes into that but im sure if you talk to someone at a stereo shop they will have a good idea of what you need to do

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
hey just to let you know i have a 2000 impala and i upgraded my radio to a touch screen , the problem is that my change oil light comes on and the only way to reset it is with the factory radio , there is a special harness but for now ill deal with it (at least the change oil light goes away)
Turn the key to run position Depress the accelerator pedal to the floor 3times in 5 seconds.Turn key off then start car.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I honestly thought ordinary harnesses wouldn't work. plus the fact that 3 bestbuys and 3 different circuit cities from 2 different states didnt have the one i needed. they tried selling me the gm 88 and up which wouldn't fit. The only one i was able to find was a 100 dollar one from an audio shop that keeps the door chimes .... just dont know how to mount the chime speaker thing
Thats the one your going to need, simple to hook up but if your concerend just take it to a local mom and pop shop and have them do it most of them give warrenties
Later
Bernie

·
Registered
187 Posts
yep works great, i just wedged the speaker box type thing into one of the grates under to the right of the steering wheel and its perfect. you just have to cut a soldier or else you'll go deaf ( it tells you how to do it)

·
Registered
2 Posts
how did you wire your touch screen?

I bought the standard wiring harness for mine and after i wired it all up the stereo wouldn't power on...I took the red wire from the car's wiring set and plugged it into the red wire (pwr) on my new harness and nothing, but when I rigged it so that it was getting power from the fuse box it powered on...any suggestions? i dont want to drive around with a power wire rigged to a fuse smashed in the fuse box :/

1 - 15 of 15 Posts