Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking to increase my fuel economy for a while now on my '08 SS. I know when I purchased it the fuel mileage EPA Estimates were stated. The thing runs on premium and I tried regular for a while..:bang: that was a big NONO, I fouled out a plug in less than a month that way trying to save...so i've been looking and researching and found mixed reviews on the K&N Cold Air intakes. I would like to know some of you guy's opinions and if you've done this to your SS what did you notice? I'd like to invest in it if it's worth the extra horsepower, torque and most importantly better FUEL ECONOMY. Or would I be better off getting some sort of performance chip? THANKS!

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Dont buy a CAI to increase your gas mileage. You will be disappointed.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Have your foot lightened, or get a different car. There isn't a whole lot you can do.

·
Registered
545 Posts
but at the same time, you still will nave save enought in gas to justify trading cars unless you get like a diesel vw or hybrid stuff..

I use to get 17-18 mpg in the SS, the new 12 is only getting 18-19 mpg in town.

I be they do sound good though with a big air box, or you could just jump on e bay find a used air box and cut it up lol..

·
Registered
288 Posts
I bought my ss and got about 14 mpg city. Put my k&n In and it dropped on the dash to about 11 mpg. Never actually calculated or actually cared to see if the dash is reading correctly. But I have a lead foot so who knows. But I don't really care, I bought a ss for a reason...hell enjoy it ..sadly its the last v8 you will see in gms disregarding trucks, camaros, Corvettes , etc.

·
Banned
667 Posts
I've been looking to increase my fuel economy for a while now on my '08 SS. I know when I purchased it the fuel mileage EPA Estimates were stated. The thing runs on premium and I tried regular for a while..:bang: that was a big NONO, I fouled out a plug in less than a month that way trying to save...so i've been looking and researching and found mixed reviews on the K&N Cold Air intakes. I would like to know some of you guy's opinions and if you've done this to your SS what did you notice? I'd like to invest in it if it's worth the extra horsepower, torque and most importantly better FUEL ECONOMY. Or would I be better off getting some sort of performance chip? THANKS!
premium fuel is not very expensive 4.19/gallon just a few weeks ago it was near $5 a gallon though. my gamble paid off waiting to fill it up. should have gotten that 3500 series or a 90's geo.?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts