Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ‘18 Impala LT V6 w/ 30k miles.

It’s always done this, whenever I put the face and foot vent for the HVAC, even on the highest fan setting it feels like 80% of the air is going to the foot, barely any comes out of the face.

I guess this is why on AUTO it always uses the face vent. I’m not sure why the foot vent takes up so much fan power.

·
Registered
34 Posts

It’s always done this, whenever I put the face and foot vent for the HVAC, even on the highest fan setting it feels like 80% of the air is going to the foot, barely any comes out of the face.

I guess this is why on AUTO it always uses the face vent. I’m not sure why the foot vent takes up so much fan power.
With my experience with GMs (and I've had 20+ GMs), the blend setting on the HVAC tends to favor the 'floor,' even with the fan on high. I for one do not like hot air blowing on my face, so I prefer the way it operates. On some extremely frigid days during the winter, I will put it on blend, more so to hold my hand up to the vents to get them warmer.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts

I have a 2014 Impala 2LTZ - and the HVAC system does what you describe.

One suggestion to improve airflow - with 30,000 miles; change the cabin HVAC filter if you haven’t yet.

·
Registered
127 Posts

What you described is normal system operation for Blend mode.

·
Registered
148 Posts
:WTF: Mine must be wired backwards or something. I get the majority of airflow from my upper vents and very little into the floorboards. Good thing I don't live where the winters are terrible.

Might try changing the cabin air filter soon and see if I get any improvements!

·
Registered
7 Posts
EXACTLY...My 2014 LT does exactly the same thing, coldish(?) air from the dash vents with little warmish(?) air from the floor ducts despite setting the temp at 78 degrees on days with temps in the mid 40's...my 67 Impala big block (purchased new and I still have it) produces tons of warm air to your feet, no dash vents to blow cold air in your face. Yes I know I can close the dash vents, it still doesn't seem to produce more heat to the floor...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts