Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cause im allready at 94,000 sooo im gettin a lil stressed bout this shit:confused5: sum1 tell me it isnt true please..............

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
hmmm my car has around 230000 give or take and i think it was remanufactured then sold again but im pretty sure it was a detectives car
( because of care taken ) and my trans is ok a feel slight slipping but over all its still shifts / sounds nice ..... but the stall converter might of been replaced when remanu. but yea these arent the best trans and maintenance and driving conditions ( burning out ) both lead to individual trans problems

·
Registered
284 Posts
Allot depends on maintenance and driving habits, there are lots of guys that have gotten well over 100k with a 4L60E. Racing, towing and overheating combined with a lack of maintenance will kill any transmission.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
As said, depends on the life its had. My first trans gave me 150,000 miles. Those were VERY abused miles,police use then my street,track and off road use. I always did remember to service the trans fluid so that helped alot.

·
Registered
160 Posts
178K on mine and still kickin' it... on the other hand I am on the 3rd motor..:tongue:

-ALF out.....

·
Registered
160 Posts
wtf...3rd motor? what happened :biggrin:
Sure... Great.. Make me relive the nightmare...:mad:

SPun Bearing on 1st at 138K....Did it again at Dyno Day with 13K on the 2nd... got the 3rd under warranty of the second....:tongue: so now i just drag race and no Dyno pulls....:rolleyes:

-ALF out....

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
What Do U Think THe DYno Had To Do W/ That ????

·
Registered
160 Posts
3 consecutive pulls, no cool down, and the guy doing the runs in my opinion
was a doofus.....:tongue6:
he ask how far i wanna take it and i said 4-41/2 grand.... He bounces the motor off the rev limiter TWICE..... stock motor is NOT going to handle that kind of abuse. Especially if it's repeated, at least not with my luck..:redface:

-ALF out...

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
3 consecutive pulls, no cool down, and the guy doing the runs in my opinion
was a doofus.....:tongue6:
he ask how far i wanna take it and i said 4-41/2 grand.... He bounces the motor off the rev limiter TWICE..... stock motor is NOT going to handle that kind of abuse. Especially if it's repeated, at least not with my luck..:redface:

-ALF out...
oic yeah stock going to rev limiter is not a good thing id be pissed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts