Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the boss drove his Denali over some freshly painted lines the other day, and it was up to me to get it clean. Did a quick search here to see if there was any advice and nothing turned up, so I searched the web. Found a few suggestions regarding clay bars and bug and tar remover and such, but none of that stuff was working particularly well. Finally ran across someone suggesting WD40, works on sap and bugs... why not? So I tried it, my god it works wonders! For the heavy areas I sprayed a liberal coating and let it soak for about an hour, then it scrubbed off with a brush. The lighter areas I just did with a rag and sprayed the WD40 straight on the rag. There was some residue left on the areas I scrubbed, but that came right off with a little degreaser.

So, FYI. Should anybody run into this problem, WD40 works amazingly well, and will not harm paint. I did also see someone posted about how you can call the city and get the contractors who painted the road to buy you a new paint job, but I really didn't want to deal with any of the BS involved in that process.

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
3m adhesive remover works wonders too. WD 40 is great, but for the times it did not work, 3M did. You will need to wax areas, of course, afterwards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts