Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here got a DIY for doing an install of one of the cheap LED drls off ebay that sell for like 10$ . It be nice to know where the wires go inside the car and can the original wire harness can be used to fire up the drls or the turn signal power ?
:dunno:

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
splice into parking lights
if you have switchbark/drls then parking and turn signal lights

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
splice into parking lights
if you have switchbark/drls then parking and turn signal lights
Parking light ? Sorry first time i heard of it, when do they turn on ?

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Parking lights are on all the time as soon as key is on. Drl's are supposed to be on all the time.

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Parking lights are on all the time as soon as key is on. Drl's are supposed to be on all the time.
I will check it out and post some pics, maybe you guys can assist which wire it could be out of the jungle of wires. What would be best way to splice wire, grab one of the wire splicing kits (the plastic tabs that cut into the wire) or the old school electrical tape would do ?

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
I personally would just use wire taps as you stated. Then wrap the connector in a quality electrical tape to help keep moisture out. You could even put a few drops of dielectric grease into the wire tap.

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I briefly tried firing up the drl seems like the two extreme cables on the headlight harness seems to be the best bet, one is black wire other one I believe is the purple one, still trying to find the wiring diagram for the harness for imp. anyone know where to find it ?

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nope i just use a tester light to find power and such
Use a what now ?

I apparently got refund for the leds so am in market for new ones to find, i think i need to get LED strip and not one in plastic housing was going to be hard to mount the leds i had received seemed bit cheap.

But will probably use these inside the car somewhere maybe for my exit cabin lighting :hope:

Maybe i shall order these and give these real made in china DRL leds a shot ... they look hideous though dont they when they are off ?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2x-12-LED-White-DRLs-Day-Time-Running-Lights-Car-Truck-Front-Fog-Rear-Work-Lamp-/140890254622?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20cdb6ad1e&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
65 Posts
I can take some photos of my LED Marker Lights for you so you can see how to do it.

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
He's banned.

Still good to post pics for others who want to do it I suppose...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts