·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where And Which Products I Should I Get? Any Suggestions

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Whatever you do....DO NOT BUY AN AFTERMARKET OPTISPARK/DIST. You will kick yourself in the ass if you do. Stick with GM ACDelco plugs and optispark/ cap/rotor. Water pumps are your choice but stay away from el cheapo brands.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is mallory a good brand or that is aftermarket

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So if im not getting any sparks . which one do i need

whats the difference between the both ? or do i need both of them

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
The opti cannot be timed like a traditional dist. by moving it around, its electronically controlled and not adjustable like that. It may very well be the connector on that plugs into the side of the opti (passenger side opti behind water pump area) that took a crap. I have seen that happen many times.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So all i need is the bottom pic and the wires and cap rotor and i should b fine

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I plan on getting the ac delco distributor cap and rotor kit and waterpump . So do those wires need to be replaced or cleaned

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
No sense cleaning them, if you are at or near 100,000 miles then replacement is an option for you. Anything less than that mileage is not really needed to replace wires as the factory ACDelco wires last a very long time. If you have further questions and have nextel sprint, PM me and I will give you a number to reach me as im with GF's family getting stuff ready for tonight and will not be around the computer too much in the next couple days.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Anyone have any insight on an MSD cap and rotor on a stock distributor. I need to replace mine but want to make sure the MSD stuff works well.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Anyone have any insight on an MSD cap and rotor on a stock distributor. I need to replace mine but want to make sure the MSD stuff works well.
MSD is crap. A few guys bought them when they first came out and were very excited about having a MSD opti......they came to us and had us install them after we warned them to stick with GM for those kinds of parts...... after less than a week we saw those cars with MSD cap/rotors because the parts failed and we had to install new GM stuff.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Or if you have an advance autoparts i bought a acdelco cap and rotor kit for $233

·
Registered
624 Posts
not owning a lt1 mtr but have read many of postngs stick with the ac delco, also to theres a vent tube off the opti needs to replace or up grade to seems to help im sure someone will chime in,

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
umm cap and rotor kits are $113 from thepartsladi. For $20 more than you paid you could have a complete opti from Thepartsladi with a 2yr warranty.

thanx i will be returning that one :biggrin:
so delphi is basically gm parts?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Delphi is owned by GM last I checked. I'm not sure what they do or don't use the AC delco name on anymore. I dont know if Delphi originally made the opti, or what the deal is. But the Delphi ones are the current replacement for the Delco Branded Optis. They are the same internally. Cap is a different color, but optical sensor is the same.

Be warned that thepartsladi is about the only one on ebay who sells OEM Delco or Delphis. If the price of the opti new is under $200 you're probably looking at a chinese made POS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have an 94 impala ss.i had my distributor replaced a week ago. and today im starting to have the same problems as before. i can start my car if it havnt been ran for a while and itll run just fine. if i turn my car off and try to start it again itll act as if its getting no fuel. after the car sets for a while itll then start right up.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts