Impala Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Impala LT. I came home from vacation and my dash was out. My key fob doesn't work as well as the heater. I looked under the hood and my display fuse was blown. I put a new fuse in and it immediately blew. I have checked the dash and it appears to be fine. I can put a 30 amp fuse in and it works but I immediately smell a burning sensation. Any ideas on where to look. All of the grounds behind the dash are in tact. Thanks.

· Super Moderator
12,439 Posts
How many miles and how long did you have the car before this happened? There is SO much wiring involved here that the problem could be in a million different places. To be honest, this type of "repair" may be better suited for an electrical "expert" as it could take a LONG time to find the issue just by looking around...

Anything "out of the ordinary" happen while on vacation?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing out of the ordinary. We took our SUV and left the car parked in the driveway. just over 50,000 miles is on the car and it just happened when we came back from Thanksgiving on the 29th of last month. I can put a 30 amp fuse in the socket and it works but like I said I immediate smell a burning sensation but cant really track it.

· Registered
2 Posts
Bought a 2011 Impala 2 months ago 1 person had it a week ago radio playing good cut car off got back in it to leave everything was ok all of sudden radio cut off when I started driving car ignition off comes on start car up hit power button the time show up but radio cut back off fuse good don't even here the bell when door open and no sound when I use signal light can u help me

· Registered
2 Posts
Did you ever figure this our? I'm having this issue on my 2008 impala now. Exact same. I didn't try a large fuze yet. Maybe tomorrow. Everything else is identical.
Did you ever figure this our? I'm having this issue on my 2008 impala now. Exact same. I didn't try a large fuze yet. Maybe tomorrow. Everything else is identical.
[/QUO
how did you fix your problem please help me out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts