Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy just picked up a 65 Biscayne. Would like to know if there are any cars with front disk brakes that will swap on to his. Would like to find parts from another year or model and swap them onto his Biscayne.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I believe 1968-1970 will work. Maybe someone else will chime in.

I just bought the SSBC front disc brake kit. It fit and works great.

·
Registered
26 Posts
George, I had a 67 Bel Air wagon with a factory 396, t400, etc. and it had front discs. They used 2 piece rotors and the 4 piston calipers from the Camaro and Corvette. As far as I know, the 2 piece rotors aren't available and haven't been for a while now.

By the way......I NEVER should have sold that wagon!!!!!

·
Registered
298 Posts
I also have a 65 biscayne.

C3 spindles are bolt in and give you disc brakes up front.

I swapped my wagon to 4 wheel disc brakes via a kit and am still tripping over the C3 spindles if he's interested.

·
Registered
14 Posts
yeah i have a 1964 biscayne personally im having problems with the brake system, um earlier the brakes went out on me, so i replaced or rebuilt just about the whole brake system; i replaced the master cylinder, um rebuilt the wheel cylinders with new rubber stops and springs, the spring kits, drums, i bled it through all four wheels, but yet the brakes dont stop the car till i step on the pedal to the floor. my question is what other things could be wrong? my brake lines seem to be intact, i do indeed have bought the brake hoses that connects the lines to the drums but i havent yet to replace those. second is it better to switch to disks or leave the drums.

·
Registered
440 Posts
yeah i have a 1964 biscayne personally im having problems with the brake system, um earlier the brakes went out on me, so i replaced or rebuilt just about the whole brake system; i replaced the master cylinder, um rebuilt the wheel cylinders with new rubber stops and springs, the spring kits, drums, i bled it through all four wheels, but yet the brakes dont stop the car till i step on the pedal to the floor. my question is what other things could be wrong? my brake lines seem to be intact, i do indeed have bought the brake hoses that connects the lines to the drums but i havent yet to replace those. second is it better to switch to disks or leave the drums.
did you bench bleed the master cylinder?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts