Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if direct injection is it harder to start in the winter in colder days, this is my first car with direct injection.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
i haven't heard of any complaints like this. if you are having an issue, try leaving the key in the run position (but don't crank the motor over) for a few seconds, then crank the motor and see if that helps. could be a loss of fuel pressure when parked for long periods that is causing an issue?

·
Registered
159 Posts
We get down to into the -40's at least a dozen days a winter and many many days in the -20 to -30 range, mine starts instantly year round, in fact I don't think the starter turns it more than one revolution before it's running on its own.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Seen no difference here whether it be over 100 or around 0, car starts the same. We don't get subzero temps here too often, but would suspect there would be no issues, other than maybe a possible potential slow crank due to poor battery performance.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Didn't have any issues with the Gen9 LTZ rental with the 3.6L in Salt Lake just after 2017 Christmas and 1st week in January.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts