Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was wondering how to fix the digital odometer reading on a 96 impala SS, There is no display. Is this a common problem with this year and is it an easy fix.

PS: occasionally at night it will fade in and out

Thanx

CJ

·
Registered
25 Posts
It pretty common by what ive read and heard. My 96 has the same problem. I know chevrolet wants like 5 bills to fix it, mainly because they have to pull the dash and most of it is labor.

I do hear that you can send them off to get fixed but someone else will have to let you in on that because i havent researched it anymore after i found out what chevrolet was asking.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
You do NOT have to pull the dash. You remove the black cluster bezel by removing 2 screws and then pull it out, exposing a few torx type screws that hols the cluster in. Since its a 96 you do not need to worry about a shift indicator cable. after removing screws you can simply gently pull out the cluster and then you can choose whether to try and risk some online guided repairs or send it out to get fixed and reconditioned. If you need other options feel free to contact me.

We specialize in the caprice/impala

1 - 3 of 3 Posts