Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was the lucky recipient of a careless driver that backed into my rear bumper cover and shattered it pretty good.
I've got a 2005 Impala 3.4L Base.

When looking for a replacement the GM parts and other interchange guides say that 2004-2005 are the same, but 2003 back are not.
They appear identical on the exterior - but perhaps there's something that I'm missing?
I did notice that on the 05 bumper cover, it does not have the lower license plate holes, that this 2003 does.

Does anyone know if there's any difference, and would a 2001-2003 bolt up for certain?
I can't seem to find any good info on this, and I found a car that is the same color, but don't want to pull it if it has some mounting difference I'm not familiar with.

Anyone with direct experience in this would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
I don't have any first-hand knowledge, but a quick check at Rock Auto confirmed what you are seeing regarding the change in part compatibility over those years. Part changes can be due to fitment, functionality, or performance. But there is most certainly some change.....doesn't mean you couldn't install it....maybe/maybe not. Note there are lots of new and used parts on eBaY. You could pull the part you have identified and then sell it if it doesn't work for your application. Alternatively you could simply buy the proper part on eBaY (or from other sources). Just a thought....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts