Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turned in 2006 Trailblazer with 1121 miles over the 36K limit and lease was not up till Oct 2008---took a 2008 Impala w/an early buyout and pd nothing down and they put the mileage charge in the deal and I was supposed to get a 1000 rebate---the end of this story is I will be doing a Smart buy lease for 341 per month---36K miles or 36 months---is this good or not? Impala LT purchase price 23882.93---does this sound like a good deal or was I taken??? Impala LT has leather seats, V6, usual stuff for an LT 2---NO sun roof---they are putting a 6CD changer in the trunk---car looks nice---equipped well--- if anyone is knowledgeable about this car---please let me hear from you!! Thanx!!

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I personally think that leases are bad investments in cars.

N
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless you get a write-off because of business expenses I don't think a lease is a good idea. The only thing that makes them attractive is lower payments, but you have no equity and no car when the payments end.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Unless you get a write-off because of business expenses I don't think a lease is a good idea. The only thing that makes them attractive is lower payments, but you have no equity and no car when the payments end.
Meh, no equity and no car. Most people that do leases either buy it out or get another car.

I have weighed both sides and I like getting a new car every couple years, never worrying about service because its always in warantee, and the payments are at least $100 less a month.

I personally think you got the hose on the lease. I do have a hard time though judging because I get a GM discount. My salesman has told me I could get in an Impala for around 290/mo on a 36k lease.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Its a little too late to worry about if you got a deal or not since you already signed papers..... and yeah, you got that shaft all the way :cool:

·
Registered
119 Posts
The skinny on leases right now is the New Malibu is smoking hot right now. Impalas are gathering dusts on the lots and GM is pushing hard to sell and lease them with extra incentives.

Enjoy your Impala.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts