Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the driver seat in my '07 SS is stuck all the way forward. After doing as much research as possible I believe to have narrowed it down to the switch. I checked all of the obvious (objects blocking rails etc), also checked all wiring and connections. The seat motor makes noise when the switch is pushed in forward direction but nothing when pushed back.

My issue now, is that I cannot, for the life of me, remove that dang side panel from the seat to get at the switch. That f'n lumbar support adjustment handle WILL NOT COME OFF.:bang: How in the world do I take this apart?

PLEASE HELP!! I do not want to take this to the dealer for what is probably and easy fix.

Any suggestions as to what the problem with the seat might be would also be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance!! :eek:k3:

Diana

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Diana, I'm sorry to hear about your frustration! As a Customer Service representative, I'm unable to provide much in the way of do-it-yourself information. So, I do hope the community chimes in soon with helpful feedback for you!

If you do decide to involve the dealer, please let me know; I'm reachable via private message on this forum. We're happy to contact your dealer on your behalf at any point to follow up on your concerns!

Best,

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
The handle pops off, it takes some force. Other than that, there should be one screw at the back, and one at the front. Then pop the switch covers off, and the trim piece should come off.

Reactions: coffeemeplz

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Believe me when I say that handle DOES NOT pop off. I was the only thing popping off when we tried to remove it. Everything else comes off except that dang handle. I tried from every which way possible. I even contemplated breaking it off and replacing it too. I can see how it's connected, but that's about it. I'm at a complete loss.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did some more investigating into my seat issue yesterday. Still cannot get the damn lumbar handle off. Narrowed down the possible problem a little more though. I'm thinking it's either off the spindles on the front end or there is a bad solenoid. Either way, still not going to cough up a minimum $600 for the dealership to take care of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts