Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I have $30 to spend on led's for the interior and reverse bulbs.

Looking to replace the festoon dome bulbs, courtesy foot bulbs, Map light bulbs, and reverse bulbs. To my knowledge 194's will work for all those except the festoon (obv). Is this correct? What led's do you recommend? I know lot's of people recommend "superbrightleds.com" but, I am just not willing to spend that much for a simple replacement of bulbs, just to get the "white light". Can anyone put together a better list or recommend better on AMAZON?

Here is what I have been looking at

(why so much more $)

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^ And like I said, I just can't justify the cost! Not worth it to me. No way am I going to pay $8+ each bulb

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey its 8 a pair man lol
Ahh gotcha :giggle:

Either way, its still more than I a willing to pay. Any other recommendations?

Anybody? If I don't hear anything by tomorrow, I am taking the plunge on the one's I am looking at.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Have you tried ebay?

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry but, I will not buy new electronics from ebay. Amazon only

Have heard way too many bad things about ebay led bulbs anyways.

Edit: The 10 pack I posted from AGT is $8 and is getting some decent reviews :eek:k3:

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Agreed but, I still refuse to buy from ebay

Edit: Do the ones I posted look decent? Would like to order them up soon

·
Storm Trooper Ralf
4,334 Posts
Yeah they do man. So far mine are awesone and out out a ton of light. Don mateo has pics in his garage of the ones he got from super bright leds and they look great.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don mateo has pics in his garage of the ones he got from super bright leds and they look great.
Trust me those are the one's I want but, still TOO pricey for me :eek:k3:

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dont be cheap man! Lol jk jk

:giggle:
I am cheap when it comes to simple interior mods! No reason for me to go overboard. I can dump that money into better things like my downpipe or new rear brakes (don't need but, would like). :eek:k3:

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
368 Posts
I bought some LED strips from Ebay, right from the mainland, took about a month to arrive, but they worked out just fine, your local auto parts store probably sells them for way too much and its more than likely the same stuff, just branded.

I will be adding foot area LED strips to my Impala, replacing the foot bulbs, so I will be keeping an eye on this thread.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have blue led strips already. I bought a 16ft strand on amazon for like $15. I had a one strip on each foot area, one in center console, and center storage. I removed the foot area ones as I was sick of all the wires. I left the two small strips for the center console and I have about 6ft of it in my trunk. The two up front are on a switch and the trunk strip comes on with the ignition.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I will order some from the mainland and then post images later on. Foot area LEDs are sweet, I used to have them on my Cobalt.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Keep me updated on how they work out, I need some better interior lighting. I can't see sh#t in mine unless I fold down the visor and open those lights too. Good luck bro, and Thanks in advanced! :eek:k3:

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Will post pics when I get them/installed

Reactions: SCOTTYINWV
1 - 20 of 81 Posts