Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Regarding this recall, has anyone gotten the service done? According to the letter received, the Chevy service dept. will inspect and replace the fuse box cover and/or the #66 fuse. Currently, my cover indicates a 10 A. fuse with a 5 A. in the slot. Calls to two local Chevrolet service depts. failed to gain any information other than an RO (repair order) had to be processed and a tech. go on the clock to check out the situation. I'd like to pin down the issue before having the service performed. I'm reluctant to have dealership repairs other than recalls or TSB's.:|

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
if it's a recall, take it in and have it done. looks like it's just at case of too small of fuse for the trunk release. or replace the 5A with a 10A yourself and save the trip.

i personally like free stuff however and it should be a 5 minute fix (including time for them to find the fuse, open the hood etc lol).

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Regarding this recall, has anyone gotten the service done? According to the letter received, the Chevy service dept. will inspect and replace the fuse box cover and/or the #66 fuse. Currently, my cover indicates a 10 A. fuse with a 5 A. in the slot. Calls to two local Chevrolet service depts. failed to gain any information other than an RO (repair order) had to be processed and a tech. go on the clock to check out the situation. I'd like to pin down the issue before having the service performed. I'm reluctant to have dealership repairs other than recalls or TSB's.:|
Any chance you can upload a copy of the notice? Thanks.

I didn't get far googling 26180 . I could find Impala and GM recall notices, but none with that number.

Doug

·
Registered
632 Posts
It's not a recall. It's a customer satisfaction program. The issue is that the 5 amp fuse is the correct fuse and the 10 amp listed on the cover is incorrect and a new fuse block cover is installed with the correct info on it.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Bart77. I suspected that and previously placed a piece of masking tape on the underside of the cover with 5 A on it for slot #66 until I get the next free service oil change and tire rotation. Doug, the correct number for what I understood was a recall is N162026180. See how that works.

Thanks again Bart77.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts