Impala Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To any and all part fabricators,

in lieu of the minor soccer mom aspect of my 8th gen SS, can SOMEONE please create a custom hood with a badass scoop on it.

Just so all you b-bodiers out there dont have to feel compelled to do so, Ill make your jokes for you right off the bat....
"you will need more than a hood scoop to make that not look like a mom car"

"a hood scoop wont make the rear wheels move"

"My awsomely amazing B-Body will eat your Wimpala for dinner with or without a hood scoop"

I suppose I will entertain any other jokes given that you work hard enough to make me laugh :biggrin:

..... but seriously... can I get a hood scoop or what?!?!?

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Id be willing to consider all reasonable prices... i.e. it depends on what it is im buying. I really enjoy the looks of the above... was initially thinking of a low profile cowl but the ram air style looks much more clean seeing that.

Im curious where this guy (or girl) got it, or if it was custom created... looks custom but I have no clue.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
MPD is nice, but i cant see spending $800+ on a hood.......

getting mine done the way i want for about $300, when i find that much in my couch coushions.....

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MPD is nice, but i cant see spending $800+ on a hood.......

getting mine done the way i want for about $300, when i find that much in my couch coushions.....
It would help if it came painted....

When you say "the way you want"... are you having someone custom fab a scoop on your factory hood?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts

in lieu of the minor soccer mom aspect of my 8th gen SS, can SOMEONE please create a custom hood with a badass scoop on it.

Just so all you b-bodiers out there dont have to feel compelled to do so, Ill make your jokes for you right off the bat....

"My awsomely amazing B-Body will eat your Wimpala for dinner with or without a hood scoop"

I suppose I will entertain any other jokes given that you work hard enough to make me laugh :biggrin:

first of i am a little of a wimpala basher but from wht ive read and seen arent the 8th gen ss's putting dow like 280 horses our stock lt1s maybe push 220???? so in other words wouldnt your car win...... well if u havent raced a 6th gen please do so and let us know who losses thanx thats all....... and yeah put a hood scoop on it but $800 mf dolllars thats almost a motor rebuild but whatever floats yer boat peace

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
first of i am a little of a wimpala basher but from wht ive read and seen arent the 8th gen ss's putting dow like 280 horses our stock lt1s maybe push 220???? so in other words wouldnt your car win...... well if u havent raced a 6th gen please do so and let us know who losses thanx thats all....... and yeah put a hood scoop on it but $800 mf dolllars thats almost a motor rebuild but whatever floats yer boat peace
Yes you are correct... stock vs stock the 8th gen would LIKELY win (nothing is ever definite in racing)... Doesnt mean that there arent a ton of b-bodiers on this forum who believe otherwise :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
i can believe otherwise but the numbers speak for themselves ..... i give u guys props i didnt think the fwd would have that much power .... wtf were they thinkin when they buiolt the lt1 ( cop car motor not corvette ) w/ only 220???? :eek:

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
i can believe otherwise but the numbers speak for themselves ..... i give u guys props i didnt think the fwd would have that much power .... wtf were they thinkin when they buiolt the lt1 ( cop car motor not corvette ) w/ only 220???? :eek:

I like your sense of humor. Good luck on picking out a good looking scoop, many out there.

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
For the record:

I was positive and did not bash anybody in this thread :smile:

I'm just sayin'!

And I'll say it again, that photo of the ram air hood is really :cool: !

I like it! :biggrin:
Haha trust me I noticed... I was expecting an uproar of $hittalking, but I may have exhausted all of the anti-W arguments (dont feel compelled to prove me wrong :biggrin:)

I know everyone thinks the FWD is a crazy idea given the amount of power, but I honestly believe its just one more thing to get used to... As Ive said before, it scared the hell out of me at first, but now I dont even notice it. I actually find it easier when it comes to switching lanes during acceleration... Loosen up your grip and let the torque guide you into the right lane :3gears::biggrin:

·
Registered
657 Posts
:eek::eusa_clap::eek:ccasion18::biggrin:

a reformed w-body hater....never thought i would see the day. hats off to Mr. RoadMonster.

·
Super Moderator
3,946 Posts
Like I said, talk to VFN, they seem to be responsive to requests for new products.

Far as the b-body vs. w-body thing. I know I raced a 2004 blower 3.8 Impala SS with my 180K mile 95 Roady wagon, was a VERY close race but I won with a 15.5 at 88mph to his 15.6 at I think 89mph. Given he had a MASSIVE weight advantage and only 20hp less HP you would have thought he would have won. In case you are skeptical about my use of the term MASSIVE to describe the weight difference, look it up, roughly a 1000lbs base curb weight difference between those two cars:eek:.

I would hope the newer V8 models are a bit better though.

I am not a w-body hater either, my wife's 2003 3.4L car has been GREAT to us, wonderful fuel economy, VERY VERY few repairs. Very happy with it, but I will take my RWD dinosaurs for my daily driver.

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey it could be a lot worse than a Miata... Before I got my 07 I drove a 1995 Camry... and I showed off allll four of those cylinders every time I had the opportunity :wink:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts