Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So....Here i am home after 7 months of deployment to see my car....joy....

I noticed the antenna is missing on the roof right away :yikes:, plain as day....just great....

I assume this happened during a car wash, my brother was responsible for my car at the time, he claims innocence, interesting...

Anyway the radio works, so i assume it's not related to the actual radio? I am still receiving FM and AM waves.

To be specific here, i believe the cover is gone, because the base remains.

I'll take some photos and post them later to give you all a better idea.

Thanks in advance...

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Figure out exactly what part number you need for the new "fin". I have some extras, but the style changed from year to year and even mid year. Post a link to the exact part number and a photo and if i have one, it's yours, free. Go to the dealer parts dept if you need to. Trust, me, there are several GM Fins for 06+, even though they may look the same to the naked eye. The differences are in how they attach to the roof mount. Some screw in, some snap in, some are half turn attachments (like old bulbs), etc.

Thanks for serving.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's the picture of it, its about the same size as a silver dollar.

Hope the picture helps. It didnt have the fin type featured on most Impalas TSS, but can I replace it with a fin? and if so, how?

Btw I believe the clear looking stuff is silicone. I dont want to take to a dealership and get charged and arm and a leg....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Sorry, I have several, but that design is not anything I've seen before. Mine wouldn't work. all of the fins that I have require a larger base.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TSS if you dont mind mailing me one, ill give it a shot.

463, thanks for the post, i gotta see if they have a black one, but im gonna wait on TSS's reply first.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
What I have will not fit that base of yours. I am positive of that. Sorry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts