Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get cylon stop lights for my spoiler (on the imp.) .. does anyone know what might be required. I am good with soldering :devil:.. are there any wires already running through spoiler i can make use of for power and for the signal.. I can probably design the circuitry for the leds to go so under the spoiler it looks like the cylon (battlestar galactica) eyes... :biggrin:

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking to use 2 this Side Emitting "Headlight" LED Strip in 2 foot red one for left and one for right to install under the spoiler I think I have to drill holes thru the spoiler and trunk to pass the wire if you are going to do it get some picture
i might work on some prototype will see what the local electronics store has for industrial level leds, gotta make sure they work in -50 C conditions :giggle:

i am not sure about wiring though if could figure out what volts the brake lights run at and if i can put something in parallel some circuitry using same wires that go to brake lights.

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
voltage is 12 to 13.8 volts

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
More like 11.5-15V With the engine running you should never see lower than about 14.5V

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anyone got wiring diagram of shots from where the signal can be stripped from to be used in parallel ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts