Impala Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So every diagram I have of my 2007 3.9L LTZ Impala shows the even cylinders in the front and the odds in the back. I take my plenum off and I discover mine are flipped. Am I crazy? Am I missing something? Please tell me I’m a noob and this is easily explained lol. If I’m not crazy and someone else sees what I’m seeing please let me know!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I would be inclined to trust the intake manifold casting over what the book says.
I've seen plenty of screwups in GM service literature. Aftermarket lit is the same.
Wiring diagrams are all kinds of fun when you dig in and discover the vehicle doesn't match Mitchell or GM even when you go back or forward a year.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes thanks guys. I’m a noob. I didn’t realize I was looking for the cylinder head or the tapered end. So I was seeing 6 in the back not realizing it was referencing the cylinder pointing towards the front. I am now to removing the fuel rail so I can see if my cylinder 6 fuel injector is plugged or faulty. All of my multimeter readings are consistent across the board and all of my fuel injector plugs show consistent resistance across all six. So I am assuming and hoping now it comes down to the fuel injector. If not maybe my engine is just messed up completely. Hoping I figure this thing out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts