Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in customizing the inside of the trunk lid. Basically looking to customize it so when it is opened it looks nicer than just a black piece of speaker box cover material. I'm not sure if I want to keep it simple though or go nuts with it and add a T.V. or something. So here are my ideas...

1) 18"-20" LCD with a couple of speakers on each side and hook a game system up to the T.V.

2) give it a simple vinyl wrap with a mirror cutout designed in the center with "Impal' Til Ya Fall" etched in it. Along with some neons to light it up.

Also if you have any photos of inner trunk lids post em up!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am interested in customizing the inside of the trunk lid. Basically looking to customize it so when it is opened it looks nicer than just a black piece of speaker box cover material. I'm not sure if I want to keep it simple though or go nuts with it and add a T.V. or something. So here are my ideas...

1) 18"-20" LCD with a couple of speakers on each side and hook a game system up to the T.V.

2) give it a simple vinyl wrap with a mirror cutout designed in the center with "Impal' Til Ya Fall" etched in it. Along with some neons to light it up.

Also if you have any photos of inner trunk lids post em up!
if you go w a tv in the center .... first you gonna have to build a frame to hold the weight .... run massive amounts of wires (power, speakers, controls, video,etc etc ) and then you gotta figure out how to cover it all ... i have done both "fiberglass" amd carpet on projects like this ....
if you do fiberglass,,, u better be ready for rattling on the trunk bc of the added weight. u also have to look into a heavier set of shocks that can withstand the weight ...

·
Registered
80 Posts
The guy up above makes this all sound far more difficult than it is...

My friend and I did a custom top lid for my trunk, and installed glass neon tube letters for me. It doesn't weigh that much... And I actually have my trunk opening on actuators so the gas shocks for it are no longer installed anyways. But it is pretty easy to do it.

All it takes is wood, fiberglass, some bondo, and of course... time and patience.

trunk1.jpg

trunk2.jpg

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
:eek:k3: I like, niiiiiice:eek:k3:

·
Registered
14 Posts
The guy up above makes this all sound far more difficult than it is...

My friend and I did a custom top lid for my trunk, and installed glass neon tube letters for me. It doesn't weigh that much... And I actually have my trunk opening on actuators so the gas shocks for it are no longer installed anyways. But it is pretty easy to do it.

All it takes is wood, fiberglass, some bondo, and of course... time and patience.

View attachment 7786

View attachment 7787
[/ impressive. How did you make the logo? Can you go into more detail on installation?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts