Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a replacement switch (turn signal, wiper, etc) in my 2000 Impala as the high beam headlights were out, and new switch fixed it.

This is the kids car, with 222,000 miles.

I am driving it in the snow to keep my 2008 clean and nice for a while in the snow. I went to engage the cruise control today, and realized the "on/Off switch was not on the new unit I installed. Duh...

Since the Cruise has been in the ON position since purchased, it appears I can duplicate this by jumping the gray wire to the blue one, as this toggles continuity on the old switch. The set/decel, etc is in the steering wheel, only on command on stalk.

Cannot find a schematic. Anyone?

Blew the radiator hose today, so I will be fixing it tomorrow, and thought I would do this as well.

Thanks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found it. Did at module. Brown is 12 IGN, and Gray is "ON". Jump the 2, and set/accel, decel buttons work, with brake pedal deactivate. A and F, I believe.

Just like leaving it on all the time. In a panic, no one really looks for the hidden on/off, you just brake. I put it on some 10 years ago, and never shut it off. Had to read the manual to realize there used to be an on/off switch before I accidentally replaced the stock with an incorrect one.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Glad you figured it out. I always left mine in the on positionas well.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Never understood why there was even an option to turn it off, glad to see there is a work around for the loss of the switch though. I have actually talked to people that honestly believe they are saving gas by turning it off, and believe me, when folks are that adamant about being stupid, you can't change their mind...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts