Impala Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
No idea. Can you test the switch and button on the steering wheel for continuity?
If everything else checks out it may be something stupid. Also, where are you located?
All three switches work just as they should. The on/off on the lever. Both steering wheel switches. I am in Nebraska

·
Registered
153 Posts
Well I got nothing, sorry bud.
FYI, I reread your first post and you write that the cruise light isn't illuminated. It wouldn't illuminate from just turning the cruise switch on, it would illuminate once cruise is engaged after you press your set/coast button. Has cruise control ever worked since you own the car?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yes. My wife owned the car before I met her. Cruise has been working great. Then just one day it just quit. Flat out quit. Wouldn't turn on for nothing. Light wouldn't illuminate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey,
Posting this for my wife's car. She drives a 2005 Impala with the 3.4. Just out of the blue her cruise stopped working and has not worked since. Brought the car to the dealer to get diagnosed. They told me it's the cruise control module. I went to the salvage yard and picked one up. Didn't work. So I tried two others and they didn't work. Brought the car back to the dealer and they still say it's the module. Got another salvage yard unit from another place that has better reputation. It still doesn't work. NO "cruise" light in the dash. Nothing. System is dead. Any suggestions? I was thinking it may be the set switch in the steering wheel. I also thought about taking the unit out of my 03 alero and swapping it in to see if that works because the module is the same. The brake lights all work. Nothing loose on either brake switch. Planning an out of state trip later this month and would really love to have cruise. I'm a second year tech student so I understand most technical information if anyone wants to post that.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey,
Posting this for my wife's car. She drives a 2005 Impala with the 3.4. Just out of the blue her cruise stopped working and has not worked since. Brought the car to the dealer to get diagnosed. They told me it's the cruise control module. I went to the salvage yard and picked one up. Didn't work. So I tried two others and they didn't work. Brought the car back to the dealer and they still say it's the module. Got another salvage yard unit from another place that has better reputation. It still doesn't work. NO "cruise" light in the dash. Nothing. System is dead. Any suggestions? I was thinking it may be the set switch in the steering wheel. I also thought about taking the unit out of my 03 alero and swapping it in to see if that works because the module is the same. The brake lights all work. Nothing loose on either brake switch. Planning an out of state trip later this month and would really love to have cruise. I'm a second year tech student so I understand most technical information if anyone wants to post that.

Thanks

21 - 26 of 26 Posts