Impala Forums banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey peeps im new here, and trying to get some info. I hope I posted in the right place, and if I didn't please forgive me. My Father owns a 2015 Chevy Impala Limited, His battery died so he bought a new one of course. The problem is they gave him the wrong battery, the polarity is reversed. Of course he didn't know connected it and welp you guessed it, no start no crank and apparently made the horn honk and the windshield wiper fluid pump turn on.. And of course he got the right one and still nothing... I went over and checked all the fuses but all were good. Wondering if there is a main fuse fo power distribution protection that im not seeing 80 amp fuse or so. as-well the key is stuck in the ignition! Any thoughts suggestions are greatly appreciated thanks!!!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Dead battery causes key to lock.
There’s a 10 amp fuse marked “inst” it allows current to flow to the bigger ones down stream.
This baffled me as to why my headlights, taillights, blinkers, interior lights, heat, ac blower motor and instrument cluster to stop working after battery replacement.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the in do you think it was cause a no crank no start? he had a mobile mechanic check it out and they believe it maybe the body control module...

·
Registered
442 Posts
Ok
My mom disconnected the battery oh her atv last year and hooked it up backwards this spring. Then when it wouldn’t start or charge on the charger she bought a new battery. I called around and asked where to start. It was recommended that I get the starter since the battery was new. I asked the guy that sold me the new starter if it could be the ecu but he told me there’s protection from frying that.
Maybe he fried the starter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking maybe the starter as well... current goes through everything... one thing goes down it all goes down.. only reason I am leaning to the BCM is the locks, windows, ect ect do not work.. dash lights come on, head lights come on, and when the battery was hooked up crossed it caused the horn to honk uninterrupted and water shot out of the windshield wiper jets continuously

·
Super Moderator
262 Posts
Sounds like a good number of control circuits got fried with this one. Most everything is logic driven in these and blown fuses are only a consequence. I'd say the BCM and PCM are smoked along with the radio and other electronics that use battery powered retention.
This one got expensive as the starter isn't running without the key in START

1 - 6 of 6 Posts