Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Multiple misfire code changed plugs still no start help no other codes besides multiple misfire

·
Registered
380 Posts
What year is your car? What engine? If its the 7th Gen, you might have a coil pack issue. Any issues leading up to this? We will need a little more info to help narrow down what your issue might be. Post the actual codes too if you can.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's an 03 with the 3800 alliance know is my wife was driving it got to her destination car wouldn't start back up our gas guage doesn't work I thought it needed gas but that didnt work either I scanned codes and the only code I got that wasnt something stupid was a multiple misfire code .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Icm is what's under the coil packs correct I have a 3.4 with coil packs I took off of and put them on the 3.8 but I couldn't get the last one off

·
Registered
380 Posts
Icm is what's under the coil packs correct I have a 3.4 with coil packs I took off of and put them on the 3.8 but I couldn't get the last one off
Yes the ICM is under the coil packs. Id be more inclined to believe that if you are getting the random misfire, its not just one coil (I would think you would be more likely to get 2 individual cylinder misfire codes if that is the case). Could be the ICM. About the only other thing that would cause random misfires might be airflow/fuel related. Could check for air leaks, or check that your filter isnt plugged up. Could also be a fuel delivery issue possibly. Do you hear the fuel pump kick on? Does the engine try to start if you spray starting fluid in the intake?

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
You can have the icm tested at an auto parts store like autozone. Would call the store you plan to take it to first to be sure they have the equipment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts