Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 01 impala and i have been having a problem with it cranking but not starting it only happens once and a while and it only happens when its hot like when i drive it somewhere and then shut it off and try and start it again but only occasionally any suggestions on what it could be? i havnt yet had a chance to test to see if it is getting spark in this situation because i am usually away from home when it happens

·
Registered
2 Posts
Probably a fuel pump or a bad coil. I'm leaning toward a fuel pump if the vehicle doesn't run poorly when hot. The fuel pump is hot when you shut it off and locks up. Then when it cools down again it allows it to start. I would buy a spark tester (cheap) and plug it in when you can't get the vehicle to start. If you have spark at all cylinders, then you know it's the pump.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya i have a spark tester i just have to remember to put it in the car so when it happens i can test it i was thinking it might be the coil because i think i tested it once when it happened a long time ago of course by now it could be a completely diff problem it also does run a little rough somtimes when its hot usually right at startup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts