Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi! sorry for the poor photo quality, but I just replaced the cabin air filter in my 2009 Impala LS. All appeared to have gone smoothly until i put the cowling back and noticed it doesn’t sit flush like a cowling should over the windshield. I looked under to see if i was missing a clip that needed to be clipped or something, but the one clip under this thing is already securely clipped to the windshield, and both of the plastic rivets seated back into the holes i pulled them out of at the start. Finally, the tiny peg that goes into the groove between the two cowlings appeared to have no issues seating. Have I missed something in my reinstallation and i need to redo it or is my cowling just a piece of crap? is it possible i bent it out of shape? I am mainly worried about water leakage into the interior- this model has a cover over the air filter I think to prevent that, but I still feel like this isn’t right and should not be like this. If I need to go take more pictures, I will do so if someone thinks they can fix this issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Simple improper installation, they missed the tab that goes under the second part. No harm just needs to come up and reversed to blend the seam.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Simple improper installation, they missed the tab that goes under the second part. No harm just needs to come up and reversed to blend the seam.
What do you mean, second tab? And what do you mean by "reversed"? Also, what side does the tab go under for the "second part"?

·
Registered
10 Posts
passengers side should have been first down and the driver side on the top to overlap correctly. not a big deal but it will all need to be pulled off to do it correctly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts