Impala Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, we are new to the impala world with an 06 3.9LT. Love the car, but have a couple of questions.

1) Noticed that the remote start/keyless entry doesn't work real well. Any reason why? How to improve this?

2) We also have had a service tire pressure monitoring system warning on the car since about the 3rd day we bought the car. The service manager insists that the tire pressure is low and the car needs to "relearn". I work on all my other cars and know the tire pressure is at 30 psi which is what it calls for on the door. Anyone, had this problem, any ideas on how to fix, etc.

·
Registered
913 Posts
1st. battery maybe low in the remote, or just a weak signal.
2nd. I have had everything done to get rid of the tpms warning, ive had the antenna replaced the sensors replaced and relearned them and have yet to get rid of the warning. When you figure it out let me know!haha

·
Registered
20 Posts
The remote starters that come with these cars are next to worthless. GM says they have a 200 foot range, but I'm not getting 20 feet with mine. I have an 07 and an 08 and both work poorly. Went so far as to have an Autostart installed on the 07. Will do that to mine when I can afford it.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Mines good for about 50-60ft, thats good enough for me. I didn't want to spend the money on an after market alarm.

·
Registered
22 Posts
First, we are new to the impala world with an 06 3.9LT. Love the car, but have a couple of questions.

1) Noticed that the remote start/keyless entry doesn't work real well. Any reason why? How to improve this?

Fresh battery will help. A trick I've learned, to increase the distance at which the remote will work, is to hold the remote up to the front of your chin while facing your vehicle. You body will amplify the signal and significantly improve the distance. Sounds dumb but it works:wink:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Your car actually might have codes for the TPMS. Find either a dealer or a someone with a good scan tool, not a generic, it has to be a good one like a real updated scan tool. That's just to check for codes. I had an impala in my shop with a similar problem, and I had to manually relearn all the sensors with our TPMS tool. I must've done it like 6 times to finally get it to work.

·
Registered
22 Posts
There is a TSB out for the tpms/remote keyless entry system.

I had the same problem and theyve replaced the neraly the entire system in my car (reciever, antennae and even the keyfobs) and now it works like it should've In a clear opening I get well over 100', crowded lot about 60' range. Before it would have poor range, maybe 10-15 feet. The wheel pressure sensors also use this same system so if you have problem with those dropping their readings, its commonly the computer/antennae- the same one that picks up the key fob's signal.

This is a copy off my reciept for it when I had trouble with the wheel sensors:

Installed 25876416 :Antenna (10485-c) Qty 1
Installed 15912860 :Transmitt (10485-BPCK) Qty 2
Installed 25852909 :Receiver (10485-BPCKT) Qty 1
TESTED TPM OPERATION
FOUND SVC TPM ON DISPLAY
PERFORMED RCDLR UPDATE PER TSB
REPLACED RCDLR, ANTENNA AND TRANSMITTERS
PROGRAMMED TO VEHICLE AND TESTED OK
TSB 07 08 52 001B

Hope this helps!!

·
Registered
913 Posts
There is a TSB out for the tpms/remote keyless entry system.

I had the same problem and theyve replaced the neraly the entire system in my car (reciever, antennae and even the keyfobs) and now it works like it should've In a clear opening I get well over 100', crowded lot about 60' range. Before it would have poor range, maybe 10-15 feet. The wheel pressure sensors also use this same system so if you have problem with those dropping their readings, its commonly the computer/antennae- the same one that picks up the key fob's signal.

This is a copy off my reciept for it when I had trouble with the wheel sensors:

Installed 25876416 :Antenna (10485-c) Qty 1
Installed 15912860 :Transmitt (10485-BPCK) Qty 2
Installed 25852909 :Receiver (10485-BPCKT) Qty 1
TESTED TPM OPERATION
FOUND SVC TPM ON DISPLAY
PERFORMED RCDLR UPDATE PER TSB
REPLACED RCDLR, ANTENNA AND TRANSMITTERS
PROGRAMMED TO VEHICLE AND TESTED OK
TSB 07 08 52 001B

Hope this helps!!

I've had the same exact repairs on mine but my tpms still messes up, but oh well least its not my engine!

·
Registered
30 Posts
RCDLR issue

This is the GM Bulletin for the issue... Just had mine corrected last month.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Subject:

Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) Inoperative, Poor Range, Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) Message Displayed, Remote Vehicle Start (RVS) (Replace/Reprogram RCDLR, Replace Antenna and Transmitters)

Models:

2006-2007 Buick Lucerne

2006-2007 Cadillac DTS

2006-2007 Chevrolet Impala, Monte Carlo Some customers may comment about one or more of the following conditions:

The remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitters will not program, function and/or the RKE transmitter low battery message is displayed.

The Service Tire Monitor System message is displayed.

The new RKE transmitter cannot be programmed.

The remote keyless entry (RKE) and/or remote vehicle start (RVS) transmitter has poor range.

Any of these concerns may be caused by an internal fault with the transmitters and/or the Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR) software/hardware. Replace the RCDLR module and the RCDLR antenna.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a new keyless receiver for my 06 Impala but can anyone tell me where it can be found on the car? I don't mind tearing the dash apart but I would just like to be sure that I will find it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Fresh battery will help. A trick I've learned, to increase the distance at which the remote will work, is to hold the remote up to the front of your chin while facing your vehicle. You body will amplify the signal and significantly improve the distance. Sounds dumb but it works:wink:
It does work fellas! I used to do it lol

The tire pressure system seems to be a very common problem with the 8 generation Impalas. I have had mine serviced already while under warranty.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts