Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a 2009 chevy impala LS. A few days ago my fiance blew the serpintine belt while driving, had it towed back to the house. Replaced the belt and started it up and immediately heard some squeeling that quickly got worse, then saw smoke/steam and either sparks or a fireball, all seen on belt side of motor. I shut everything down and when I inspected further there was what appeared to be a steady stream of coolant leaking out of variable valve selonoid (just below power steering pulley). I know coolant isn't supposed to be in that area. Any ideas that could help me out? Maybe a hose or an elbow in that area that got damaged during the belt breaking? I've attached a picture of the selonoid where I beleive its squirting from.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you're able to, remove the belt from the water pump and spin the pulley with your hand, try to feel if it wobbles from side to side. If there is a lot of play, the bearing could be failing. Water pumps are usually easy to replace. Take a good look around all your cooling hoses and overflow tank before you remove anything.

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 jpg to pdf

1 - 2 of 2 Posts