Impala Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what this is called hence the title. It is part of the coolant system and it is leaking and burning coolant. looks like coolant is gelling up at the base of the neck. I am wondering if there is a seal I can replace at the base of this tube? Here is a pic of what I am talking about. I am just looking for confirmation before I rip into it. Thanks for the help.

Fattz

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I would just get an appropriate diameter o-ring at the hardware store and put it on there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update in case someone can use the info later. Turns out that the hose had a small hole in it. The hose actually cracked when I removed it. Local parts house had it in stock. Replaced the hose and no more leak. Now a week or so later I drive the car to WA and notice that the water pump is leaking. That is next on the list should be good as new after that. I hate leaks!!! :bang:

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Water pump is like $25 and is super easy to change.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just wanted to update this tread in case it helps someone. The hose I found at Oriely's auto parts I replace the hoes and it fixed the leak. Hose was toast. A week or so later water pump started leaking so I replace it as well. Coolant system is 100% now except the gauge. Thanks for the help fella's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts